Friday, March 21, 2014

Diamond Tread Quilt



I am so happy to have this quilt done.  I had one of those weeks where finishing anything was nearly impossible - I went to back my  you + me quilt and I ran out of fabric.... Then I decided I would quilt this one.  Once again not enough fabric - I ordered more.  It came in a different color - (insert choice words here)  Then I began cutting my top down to match the size of the fabric I had - It is for a baby boy thus the quilt could  be made smaller. 




I worked on my free motion skills - I am not sure I am seeing lots of improvement but I did manage to quilt something besides meandering loops!  The pattern is from Lee at Freshly Pieced and can be found here. Fabrics used were Kona Snow and Simply Color in the navy and aqua ombre. I backed the quilt with Constellations by Lizzy House as it seemed to match the pattern perfectly.

I am currently working on a little hexagon project - I am not sure that hand sewing is my thing but I am determined to finish this one.  I can't decide if I want to have the hexi's random or in rows.  Feel free to let me know what you think - I may change everything as I am still not loving the look yet.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.  Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts for TGIF and Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

5 comments:

  1. I have always admired that diamond tread pattern. And you chose the perfect colour palette for it. Love that binding!!! Your quilting looks amazing and really adds wonderful dimension! Throw those hexies into a brown paper bag. And then reach in and grab them back out, one at a time. Line them up as you go and take a picture. Look at the picture each day for a week. See if it grows on ya! Random, random, random!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Diamond Tread quilt. It's so frustrating to run out of fabric. Your solution was so clever. I must take that advice-go smaller not larger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baby quilt, clever use of design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt......love it!! Your hexagons are fabulous too! Thanks for sharing Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your diamond tread quilt is beautiful! I like that they are off center in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete