Friday, January 31, 2014

Classmate Bag

I cant believe I am actually making progress on my list - I am finishing more projects than I am starting.... I realize this momentum can change at any moment. I just finished the Classmate by Terry Atkinson.  It was easier to make than I thought it would be.  The hardest part was doing the binding with the plastic lining.


Inside of bag - my large zipper zips from the wrong side but it still works and it is in straight.

 
The bag has lots of pockets and will be great for carrying some of my hand sewing around. 
 

I managed to finish a quilt top that I will be donating - unfortunately it will be a couple of weeks before I get to quilting it.  I ran out of fabric and was not able to make it as long as I wanted - so I added a large strip of Kona Coal to the bottom of it.  I will take another picture once Mother Nature cooperates with me.  I plan to back in a grey flannel. 

I am off to make a few triple zipper pouches for birthday gifts next week.  I also have a quilt in the dryer that I hope to have photographed in the next day or two.  Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Thanks for the link, I had not seen that pattern before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cindy, this bag is fab. I have never tried sewing with plastic, but I can imagine that it would be a bit difficult. You did a great job. I have been going through your blog and I fell head over heels in love with your green house. That photo with your wicker sofa and all your beautiful flowers is just wonderful.
    I am also a quilter. I am a beginner, but I am addicted. Lately I think quilts 24/7.
    I am your newest follower and I would like to invite you over to visit and maybe even follow me back.
    Have a great week.
    Your new blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete